“Jalada Africa” is pan-African writers’ collective.
Our aim is to publish literature by African authors regularly by making it as easy as possible for any member to publish anything or execute any literary project as quickly and effectively as possible.
Jalada is non-hierarchical which is to say horizontal. Anyone aiming to pursue any project has only to convince as many members as are necessary to carry out the project. As such, Jalada emphasises cooperation and sustained collective effort.
Jalada is committed to gender parity.
Our first project is an anthology of short stories (loosely themed around insanity) published in January 2014.
Our next anthology will be published in May-June 2014. Subsequently we will publish new anthologies every quarter.
Comments, enquiries, and letters to the editors should be sent to: letters [at] jalada [dot] org
- Anne Moraa (@tweetmoraa)
- Idza Luhumyo (@idzah)
- Kate Hampton (@KateCHampton)
- Linda Musita (@ivorypunk)
- Mukami Kunga
- Ndinda (@ndinda_)
- Novuyo Tshuma
- Nyana Kakoma (@NyanaKakoma)
- Okwiri Oduor (@okwiri_)
- Wambui Wairua (@WambuiWairua)
- Alexander Ikawah (@filmkenya)
- Abdul Adan
- Clifton Gachagua (@CliftonGachagua)
- Kiprop Kimutai (@tirobon)
- Mehul Gohil (@mehulgorilla)
- Moses Kilolo (@Moses_Kilolo)
- Mwas Mahugu (@gasfyatu)
- Oduor Oduku (@richiemaccs)
- Orem Ochiel (@nochiel)
- Richard Ali (@richardalijos)
- Tuelo Gabonewe (@Tuelo_Gabonewe)
- Zak Waweru (@TheWriter_X)